By Will Stewart/news.com.au

A woman died after suffering a massive electric shock when her iPhone fell in her bath.

Olesya Semenova, 24, was found by her flatmate at their home in Arkhangelsk, Russia.

“I screamed, shook her, but she was pale, did not breathe and showed no signs of life,” the distraught friend named Daria, an estate agent, told the emergency operator.

“I was really scared.

“When I touched her, I got an electric shock.

There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.

Pictured: The apartment building where the electrocution happened

Paramedics confirmed that Olesya — who worked in a retail store clothes store — had died in the bath and that her iPhone 8 had fallen into the water when plugged into the mains.

The Russian emergencies ministry issued a warning after the tragedy, the latest of a number of such fatalities in the country.

CLICK HERE TO READ FULL ARTICLE

close

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here