A two-year-old boy in Kentucky died Thursday after overdosing on fentanyl his mother had purchased with her stimulus check, according to local police. 

By Joshua Rhett Miller

Lauren Ashley Baker, 33, admitted to cops in Ludlow Thursday that she got the highly addictive synthetic opioid last weekend in Cincinnati while using funds from her stimulus check, WXIX reported.

After getting the highly addictive drug — up to 100 times more potent than morphine — Baker said she brought it back to Ludlow, where she shared it with two other people, a police report shows.

(Kenton County Jail)

She then said she “took a shot” of fentanyl sometime Thursday before falling asleep. Her 2-year-old son then ate some of the drug, which was in her purse, as she dozed away, police said.

Baker later awoke to find her purse emptied out and her son not breathing. The boy’s father, who was not identified, called cops when he got home, according to the police report.

Cops found the boy in respiratory arrest when they arrived at the residence.

He was rushed to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, investigators said.

Finding the boy in respiratory arrest at a home on the 200 block of Stokesay Street in Ludlow, first responders rushed the boy to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. The boy was declared dead at the hospital

A substance believed to be fentanyl was discovered scattered across a bed inside the residence, as well as empty packaging for Narcan, a drug designed to block the effects of opioids, according to the police report.

She’s set to appear in court Friday, according to WLWT.

More on FOX NEWS

close

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here