By Cynthia Wong
It’s absurd really. A chicken leg that’s really a delicious ice cream concoction. But it’s so much fun to eat a chicken leg that’s really a delicious ice cream concoction.
The exterior is sweet breading that looks like fried chicken skin. Inside is luscious ice cream and a chocolate chicken bone that’s really just a Cadbury Finger milk chocolate cookie. It’s reminiscent of that last bite in the bottom of a Drumstick cone. Cute.
They look just like fried chicken and can be served in a chicken bucket for a fun party dessert.
Not Fried Chicken Ice Cream Recipe
Special equipment: Ice cream maker and drumstick-shaped silicon mold
- WAFFLE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup waffle cone pieces, crushed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ICE CREAM BARS
- Churned waffle ice cream
- 12 thin pretzel sticks, 2-inches long
- 2 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
- 1 cup caramelized white chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the Waffle Ice Cream:
- Bring cream, milk and sugar to a low boil.
- Add waffle cone bits and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until bits are very soft. Puree the mixture until smooth, then continue to cook until thickened.
- Cool the base in an ice bath and chill overnight.
- Place the 12 drumstick-shaped silicone molds in the freezer.
- The next day, churn the cream base in an ice cream maker until its smooth.
To finish the ice cream bars:
- Scoop the ice cream into the molds, filling them halfway. Place the pretzel sticks into the center of the molds. Scoop more ice cream into the molds to fill them completely. Freeze overnight.
- Add the caramelized white chocolate and coconut oil to a double boiler over simmering water and melt. Stir to combine.
- Pop the ice cream bars out of the molds.
- Dip the ice cream bars into the caramelized white chocolate, then into the crushed cornflakes.
- Freeze until hard. Serve on a platter or in a small bucket for showstopping party treat.
More on TODAY